Thursday, November 4, 2010

Seven Nation Army [Oak Ridge Boys / White Stripes]




As has already happened way too may times in the young life of this blog, I'm in the middle of making post, and as I'm composing it, adding links to Amazon.com's mp3 store so my readers can buy the tracks (*Hint*), I find something else entirely, and scrap the already almost done post completely. 

That was so the case tonight. It's a virtual dart board matching up song with artist. If you were going to have anyone cover the White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, you would guess a band in genre. Perhaps vaguely related, heavy metal, perhaps rap, maybe a marching band. If someone had told me before tonight, that the Oak Ridge Boys were covering the song, I would have laughed, because honestly I thought they died in a plane crash in the 80's. Actually maybe the did ... Wikipedia has an incomplete list of 40 different members throughout their history, kind of like an old white guy Menudo. Also according to Wikipedia, for a while they were called Oak Ridge Starship before changing their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment