Monday, November 8, 2010

Fireflies

I went searching the interwebs for a punk cover of a Lady Antebellum I had heard of. This is of course how I wound up with an R&B cover of Owl City the sounds like it was used in the concourse area of the Epcot Center's "The Land" attraction. You know the one with all the hydroponic gardens and the singing food cabaret thing? Too obscure?

Pushing forward, to be honest, I know nothing about Ahmir, other than they bill themselves as YouTube's most popular R&B band. I'm not sure what criteria they used to reach that conclusion ... it's like being the self proclaimed most handsome guy in chess club. They've got this cool pre-grunge Color Me Badd type vibe to them. I meant that as a compliment. No really, I swear. Their musical song book consists of covers of BeyonceTrain, Justin BeiberEminem and Miley Cyrus. Diversity at it's finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment