Tuesday, November 2, 2010

[Mystery Song]

Yeah, I know. I made the song start automatically this time. That way you can listen to the song while you read. It's a time saver right? Go ahead, say it .... you're welcome. I just want to be appreciated occasionally.


I'm not going to tell you what the original is. I know what you're thinking right now, it kinda sounds like Sesame Street. It's not. It's by Richard Cheese and Lounge Against The Machine. Richard Cheese, Dick to his friends, bills himself as America's loudest lounge singer. He's a prolific cover artist and will be featured on this blog many times in the future, especially with appropriately named albums titled Lounge Against the MachineTuxicityI'd Like a VirginAperitif for DestructionThe Sunny Side of the MoonSilent NightclubDick at NiteViva la Vodka and OK Bartender. His covers are equal parts hilarious and beautiful. 

I know what you're thinking, the lyrics sound familiar but you can't quite place them. Don't worry, the chorus will give it away. It's a 90's classic though. Anyway back to Mr. Cheese. This is not his best known cover, that would be one that was featured in the 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead. Again, keeping it vauge intentionally. 


For my money ... Wait, you're not listening to this on your work computer using speakers are you? For the love of god, turn it off! Before the chorus!!! Quick! Oh geeze, what the heck were you thinking?!? I know I told you the chorus would give it away, but com'on ... I'm not your parent. That was a close one.




No comments:

Post a Comment