Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm Your Boogie Man [White Zombie / KC and The SunShine Band] Halloween Cover



When you think of scary halloween songs, isn't KC and The Sunshine Band the first thing that comes to mind? No ... really? Are you sure? Well then you obviously haven't heard this cover song.

One of the best cover songs I've ever heard, White Zombie's cover of the 70's classic, "I'm Your Boogie Man" is totally flipped on it's ear, spun around sideways and shot out at 100 mph. The boogie man in the title, is transformed melodically and vocally from a bell-bottomed disco god, to a closet dwelling monster going to devour your soul, all without changing a word. The first time I heard the song it was so radically different, I didn't realize it was a cover. The second time I heard it, I couldn't believe I didn't notice it was a cover.

Cover lover or not, how do you not have some White/Rob Zombie on your Halloween playlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment