Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Close To You [I Love Covers]

Hey it's time for another theme week thingy in honor of the Hallmark Holiday we call Valentine's Day, or VD as I like to call it. So for the next week-ish, covers with the theme of Love, because "I Love Covers!" Also I had a request a while ago for covers for a wedding playlist.


So kicking of the week of Amore, here's Close to You as done by the Cranberries from the "If I Were A Carpenter" tribute album to ... well the Carpenters. You might remember this album was an important plot point in the movie Juno. I for one liked that movie save one very important point. I understand Jennifer Garner is supposed to be attractive and all, but I feel she has a smile like a Velociraptor and I can't stand to look at her.


But wait there's more! The song wasn't originally by the Carpenters! It was written by the legendary Burt Bacharach and first recorded by Richard Chamberlain! Bet you didn't know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment