Saturday, March 22, 2014

Reid And The Riot Act, miley cyrus, party in the usa, Cover, Cover Song, Jay-Z, Billy ray cyrus, Bolt, LFO, Pop tart





Party In The U.S.A. [Reid and the Riot Act / Miley Cyrus]


From the Vault … Nov. 10, 2010




If you’re like me the only exposure you’ve had to Ms. Cyrus has been as the voice of Penny in the Disney animated film Bolt. Not a Disney classic by any stretch of the imagination, but one of the more tolerable films my kids can watch on repeat for weeks on end.


Outside of that my exposure to her has been simply the semi-ubiquitous “Party in the U.S.A.” Okay confession time. For some strange reason I actually like this song. I know, I know, she’s an underage white country girl with a smile like a jack-o-lantern name checking Jay-Z. The “story” of the song is total teen girl power trite. The lyrics aren’t particularly clever but let’s face it, compared to LFO it’s f*ckin’ Shakespere. Hell, compared to Billy Ray it’s f*ckin’ Shakespere. But it’s catchy, it’s got a good hook, the beat is good. You know everything she had no say in and her producers/song writers did.


So, uhm anyway, after the dark mood of the Halloween Cover Countdown, I figured something light like a cover of a pop tart would be in order. Can I call her a pop tart or is that weird? I know she turns eighteen this month but ….? WIKIPEDIA!!! That’s how I know, damn it! Anyway here’s a band called “Reid and the Riot Act.”


Download it for free.




via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1re2GaQ

No comments:

Post a Comment