Saturday, August 3, 2013

Miss May I, jay-z, run this town, Cover, Cover song, Rodney King




Run This Town [Miss May I / Jay-Z] From the Vault … April 3, 2012 From the epic “Punk Goes …" series, here’s a screamo cover of Jay-Z by Miss May I. Wait, wait! Wait! … Screamo? Did I just invent a word? It’s like Screaming + Emo. I always wanted to invent a word. It’s like being famous or something. Damnit. There’s already a wikipedia entry for it and everything. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, if you haven’t heard of Miss May I, looks like the odds are you will in the very near future. They have a run on this years main stage of the Warped Tour and were featured on the Saw IV soundtrack. In my opinion Saw IV was the second best of the Saw movies, with I being first, V being third, III being fourth and II being 5th. Since discovering this band (a week ago) I’ve been very impressed with the lyrics rivaling the writing Lennon/McCartney, commanding stage presence to rival Jagger and screaming ability to rival Rodney King. Also the lead singer’s mom reads this blog and she’s really hot. So … that may have influenced my otherwise usually unbiased review.


No comments:

Post a Comment