Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One More Night

I'm a lyrics guy myself, hence my love of covers. Of course the music matters too, but good gut wrenching lyrics can make up for lack of musical talent. This, to me, is how Bob Dylan had a career. I know I'll get lynched for saying that, but it's true he's a mediocre musician at best, but lyricly, he's the bomb. I'd also throw Phil Collins into that group. I know I'll get lynched for that too. But he's a good song writer, and a half way decent musician.

Case in point, here's former Verucca Salt lead singer Nina Gordon covering Phil Collins's lite FM hit, one more night. It's no where near as good as her cover of Straight Out Of Compton, but still, good none the less.

Oh, no wait I have to redact my opinion on Phil Collins's musical abilities. He's one of the most bad ass musicians on the planet, but only because of that drum thing from "In The Air Tonight." I mean seriously, those 5 seconds of music or so should have it's own display in the rock Hall of Fame.


No comments:

Post a Comment